Monday, June 30, 2008

New Style

I have recently "developed" a new style which I have been working in over the past couple of weeks that is different from most of my previous work. I hope that this is a style that I can elaborate and evolve into a viable means of communication that I can use on a vast array of different projects and will serve to represent me as an artist (at least at this time). The idea all started when I was conceptualizing for the Oddinary Box exhibition. What I created for the show laid the groundwork for a style that I feel holds many possibilities. It is a style that communicates a message with a mix of reality and abstraction with a merging and layering that gives the designs depth and a uniqueness that is rewarding to look at for an extended period of time. Broken down to its basest, it is simply a collage system of mixing and layering objects together in an aesthetically pleasing way. But, as you will see, the designs are not shallow like the typical collage design, but have a depth, both visually and emotionally. I hope you enjoy.

No comments: