Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Print -- Essence

I was so happy with the way the way my latest print, Revolution, turned out that I decided to go ahead and do a series of prints in that style in order to pay homage to the technological relics of the past. It sometimes seems that in the race for new and better technology, the outward design of the product is put on the back-burner or left as an afterthought. Contemporary designs seem to be cold, sleek and shiny, whereas these technologically inferior, but design superior devices of the past seemed to epitomize grace, warmth, and usability. This piece, entitled Essence, credits the age of records and turntables; I hope you enjoy it. I also decided to enter this piece in the competition held by Code magazine in which the winning image is displayed on the cover of their spring issue.

No comments: