Saturday, January 12, 2008

Prefab Homes, Part 1 -- M-House


Architecture is something that has always been intriguing to me, though to be honest, I have never really given prefabrication much thought... until now. I was searching for modern home architecture and ran across a site that linked to several different modern, prefabricated home manufactures. Upon examination I was really intrigued about the prospect of prefab. It's quick, simple, modern, inexpensive for the most part and very efficient. The design I wanted to talk about first is the English-made M-House. The m-house is technically a caravan (or trailer) which allows it to be placed in a larger array of locations with lower restrictions (it even floats). With over 1000 sq. ft. of living space, the m-house has all the amenities you would expect in any contemporary housing configuration. The external finishing is done in a futuristic looking aluminum that really sets the house off. Anyone have any experience with these or seen them in person. I wonder what kind of foundation they require (if any)? I will continue to do some research on the m-house and update this blog as new information becomes available. Next week I plan on talking about another type of prefabricated home. Until then...

No comments: