Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New T-Shirt Design -- Post Apocalyptic Peace

Have a new t-shirt release for sale in the shop. The inspiration for this new design was a over-the-weekend t-shirt competition for a group of Futurologists. This is my take on things 250 years into the future. Here is my t-shirt description:

The year: 2258
This design is a symbol of the post apocalyptic era. Purpose driven war has given way to war for the sake of war. The land’s have suffered irrevocable trauma and humankind is on the brink of extinction. Man’s only hope is seek solitude in the only region left unspoiled by the Great War, the depths of the Sea. Underwater colonization could act as savior to the Human race.

My design is a play on the “Dove and the Olive Branch.” The dove holding the Olive branch symbolizes hope when all hope was lost, a peace in the midst of turmoil. My design is a Guppy (fish) holding a strand of Kelp. The fish holding a strand of kelp symbolizes the hope for mankind that waits for him beneath the waters, a new frontier untouched by war.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! I like it. I also appreciate your explanation of the design :o)

DesignbySolo said...

Thanks, this turned out really well I think. This is where I would like all my designs to eventually end up. At the simplest they can possibly be while still retaining the ability to communicate the necessary message.