Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Print -- Revolution

My latest print design, entitled Revolution. The centerpiece and inspiration for this design comes from the antique Rollieflex camera. I wanted to pay homage to the antiquity of photography, one of the newest, yet most popular current art forms. The orange coloring of the camera was inspired by the French style of painting where an outline was painted onto the canvas at first and colored later by an imprecise wash. I used a sans font for the main title, with modification, and mirrored it. My idea, upon creation, was to submit this to several different magazines and hopefully it will get picked up and published; if anyone knows of a particular magazine that hosts this type of work, I would be pleased to hear from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realy like your new print design, REVOLUTION, Your work just keep getting better and better. Great Job.. :)